Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Sunset Monologue 48
MIKE'S PR 'TO DO LIST'
I wanted to give a more complete list of what Mike should be doing, so here it is. I have been reading the articles (which are late, I posted my tentative plan last nite, lol) about Mike's road to comeback. As a fan and not a FANATIC (there is a difference), I feel like I can lay out some bullet points for Bro and after he rests and what not he can start looking at it.
But before all of that, Mike needs to go to Encino and lay up with his momma and regroup and E-A-T! All the berries and nuts and pineapple slices be damned! Ya'll saw "American Dream" on Vh-1? Katherine was cooking potatoes and collards etc. and right about now Mike needs some smothered chicken w/rice and some greens and cornbread and a big ole glass of RED KOOLAID!!
Then once his strength is back:
Mike needs to:
- Start attending functions like normal damn people. Go to an award show or two and just present - it's not all about him.
- Take those damn masks off the kids and play for the tabloids. He ain't the only famous person with kids and there are other children out here who if kidnapped would have a greater impact on the world than HIS!! He needs to be seen on the beach of some island running and laughing and playing WITH HIS OWN DAMN CHILDREN!
- Contact MTV or something and get a cribs or something to assimiliate himself back in the world.
- Now is a good time to write his own memoirs thus far.
- Step into the studio and lend his voice to something. Rodney Jerkins portion of Invincible tapped into the Mike of yesteryear (Butterflies etc.) He needs to come down off the high horse and WORK WITH OTHERS!
- Reinsert the base in his voice and put take the Sgt. Pepper Wear OFF. Now h'es a grown man so hip-hop attire should not be next, but casual funky might work - a new shade of base make up and a short funky cut - Prince wears long hair and it stays current!
- Give the fans what they want - an apology for the bullshit and a series of shows in certain towns with EVERYONE! The Brothas would LOVE to get back on the road.
- Cater to the American Public for awhile - he can survive in the states without Chey Whitey and if you didn't notice most of the fans at the gates and courthouse were WHITE! So he has a small base here and the curious would help push that.
- Lay Low right now but then just start easing back in without the camera being his focal point.
- Give ONE television interview and talk about everything but - put some attitude out there that it's OVA now move the fuck on people!
I read that even with Madonna new work, his OLD work beat her - so Mike ain't near about dead and there's a place for him in the music industry.
Posted by Pamalicious ::
5:48 PM ::
Speak Your Piece