ThE EmAnCiPaTiOn oF pAmMiE

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Sunshine Monologue 6

I Get So Emotional! - The Emotions Blogger Edition



Passion

Is it better to be doing cartwheels on day one or having the ability to still do them day 1000? Are fiery infernos necessary to indicate attraction? I was thinking about this in the car (since I can't do anything else!) and how even when you fight it - the instant gratification monkey can get on your back. It's insidious and a blood sucka to boot. Passion should be like a slow boiling water. See how you get the little bubbles, which I call intrigue, then you get that steady roll which is intense interest and then you get that hard fierce boil BINGO!!! The only thing you have to worry about is making sure you are adding new water and fuel to that pot, cause it can get grating just dry humping (wink)


Envy and Jealousy

It just ain't liquor, lol. Are these words taken on or assigned to you? Envy is defined as: A feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another. Jealousy is defined as: Having to do with or arising from feelings of envy, apprehension or bitterness.

I think I experience Envy every blue moon but I assign it to myself and it's a more a feeling of discontent as oppose to resentment. I'm not one to go around wishing hate on folks because they have xyz - in particular material things. I do know that straight jealousy arises when I watch some of 'The Fabulous Life Of" and that's somewhat tongue in cheek at best.

The emotions also open up the arrogrance vs humble can of worms and you going round and round. I think for me it's more important to not surround myself with the likes of it in my interpersonal life, but also to not alienate myself from the 'do betters' because I've decided I'm not worthy. I sometimes am falling into that trap and coming to realize that - I decided because of monetary issues, I didn't 'want' certain things when in reality HELL YEAH I WANT THAT STUFF!

Hatin

A relatively new term on the map with no real formal definition, but we all know what it means because we use it incessantly. "you hatin" "stop hatin" "who hatin" So the meaning could be: dousing one's flames of accomplishment or satisfaction with self by interjecing your own dissatisfaction. I'd rather be Envious than Hatin because it has and never will be accepted. To be 'Hatin' on someone gets no mercy and there is no sleep for the weary. As well as sometimes you come upon Jealousy and even Even quite innocently, but 'Hatin' is a purposeful act and usually reflects way more upon you than anything else. The problem with Hatin arises when it's pointed out. For some reason once someone says 'stop hatin' you are up for intense scrutiny and the label sticks. You are suddenly 'mad cause you......' fill in the blank. I've had people hatin on me and to be the recipient of 'hatin' is not a good feeling, unlike jealously where you can kinda take that energy and twist it into 'you wish you were me' with hatin - you come away with 'i'm not good enough to be jealous of, so you have to hate?' But I do like how the word is thrown around, lol Cause sometimes people pass out the glasses and then get mad when the haterade is poured.

Posted by Pamalicious :: 2:05 PM :: 0 comments

Speak Your Piece

---------------oOo---------------