ThE EmAnCiPaTiOn oF pAmMiE

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunset Monologue 189

http://www.GlitterMaker.com/ - Glitter Graphics

"I Never Knew Love Like This Before" - sung by CAUN in the shower this morning.



Happy Memorial Day Ya'll! Hope it went well for yah. I am dreading that tomorrow is back to business as usual - yet I have Friday and Monday off, so it's all good.

We didn't do anything special today. CAUN washed all the clothes (smile) and we ran some errands and just kinda hung out - it was H-O-T! Good grief. I'm still hot. I been hot all weekend. I do however have a that cute sun glow, lol.

I took a moment this weekend to catch up on all my magazines. They were piling up. I am a magazine junkie so I currently subscribe to: Vibe, Glamour, Cosmo, Redbook, Essence, and Marie Claire. I have two free subscriptions from a couple of fund raisers that I haven't even filled yet. I am also gathering information for the rebirth.

Something very interesting is happening up in here. The emergence of the CAUN and Mini-Me (oh she's been named Shocamatima as her Xmen name). As a parent and especially as an astutue single parent - the thing you fear most is involving your child in a relationship and if it goes to the left, it goes to the left for the child as well. Many a woman will sacrifice her entire viable dating years because they have fallen into the 'all men are trying to molest me and my child' syndrome. Well as ya'll know, I don't subscribe to that hysteria. First off it is very unfair (and downright wrong) to assume that all blackmen are molesters and two, a well rounded child is a well rounded parent. Now my thinking might be a bit skewed, because my situation is different. I'm a widow, who was widowed when my child was an infant. I was raised with a Father and I have a wonderful Step Father and even now a Biological Father. These things I know have greatly affected the type of decisions I've made. I think I have made great choices on who I have exposed her to and she's quite balanced about her view of men and their purpose and reason for being.

This however is different. CAUN is just an involved with her as he is with his kids and me. She's opened up to him and in the process found herself an...advocate. I never thought about the fact that when the power is always one way, a child may feel as if there are no alternative points of views. Now she has started actually looking to him for advice, instruction and conversation.

She's known four men out of the 12 years I've been 'single', but this is the first one who has understood the meaning of the 'package'. Now Mobetta was great, her first solid exposure to a strong blackman - but it was one sided because like with me - he was around for only the good times and provided only good times. CAUN has been here through the lost camcorder and the knee injury. She's seen him be there for ME and she's seen him love ME and be open about it and embrace her as well. He's carried her, the crutches, her wheel chair. He opens doors, he listens to her, he tries to get me to get out her ass so much about stuff. He's been consistent in our lives and it has had an effect on her. I've heard her say thank you to him for all the nice things he does for me and her.

Remember in the Grinch how at the end his heart grew three sizes and burst out his chest - there's your visual of how this makes me feel. My child is getting some much needed positive male interaction - it has come at such a pivotal time in a young girls life - she'll remember this for the rest of her life irregardless of what the future might hold. It's one thing to know the man your mom is 'dating' 'with' etc. but it's another to feel like a 'family'.....God is Good!

So before I leave - I want to give yah some summer drinks (yes it's that time). Make sure you keep this close to yah!

1. CHAPALA - 5 small chunks of watermelon, 1 lime/chopped, 1/2 oz sugar syrup, 1 1/2 oz gold tequila, apple juice; ice cubes

Mash up watermelon, lime and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add a scoop of ice, then the tequila. Shake vigorously and strain into a tal, chilled glass 1 inch from the rim; top up with apple juice.

2. WOO WOO - 2 oz vodka, 1/2 oz peach schnapps, lime wedge, cranberry juice, ice cubes

half fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Squeeze in lime, then add the vodka and schnapps. Shake, then strain into an old-fashioned glass half filled with ice. Add the squeezed lime wedge and top up with cranberry juice.

3. BELLINI - 1/2 oz peach liqueur, 1 oz peace juice or nectar; chilled champagne or sparkling wine

Pour liqueur and jucie into a chilled champagne flute. Slowly top up with champagne or sparlkling wine.

4. BAHAMA MAMA - 1/2 oz. Malibu, 1/2 oz. Kahula, 1/2 oz each dark & white rums; pineapple juice, pineapple wedge; mint sprig, ice cubes, crushed ice

Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Add the Malibu, Kahlua, and rums. Shake vigorously adn strain into a highball glass half filled with crushed ice. Top off with juice; garnish with pineapple wedge and mint.

5. MOJITO - 2 oz white rum, 8 mint leaves, half a lime/chopped, 1/2 oz sugar syrup, club soda, ice cubes

Mash up mint, lime and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add a scoop of ice, then the rum. Shake vigorously adn strain into a chilled tumbler 1 inch from the rim, top up with club soda.

6. CUBAN LIBRE - 2 oz white rum, 7 lime wedges, cola, ice cubes

half-fill a highball glass with ice. Add rum and squeeze in seix lime wedges, addig the squeezed wedges to the glass. Top up with cola; garnish with the last lime wedge.

7. SHAMPOO - 1/2 oz gin, 1/2 oz lemon juice, dash of pernod, dash of blue curacao, chilled champaigne or sparkling win, lemon twist

Pour gin, then lemon juice, pernod and blue curacao into a chilled champagne or sparlkling wine, garnish with a twist of lemon.

8. CAIPIRINHA - 2 oz cachaca ( a clear Brazillan spirit made from sugarcane), 1 whole lime chopped, 1 Tbsp superfine sugar, 1/2 oz sugar syrup, ice cubes, mint sprig

Mash up lime, sugar, and sugar syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add a scoop of ice and the cachaca. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled tumbler. Garnish with mint.

Posted by Pamalicious :: 6:36 PM :: 1 comments

Speak Your Piece

---------------oOo---------------