Thursday, May 18, 2006
Sunshine Monologue 193
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
To keep me from blogging to you babe! So this is what I know - the most moving and frighteningly paralyzing experience a person can have is when God gets to you in the blessing rolodex! I have taken some time this week to look back over this particular journey here in blogsphere and the sum total of all of my 'work' done on here is where I am at today. I set a time limit for myself and as the clock ticks away - it seems as if I'm in the game Jumunji and I am moving under an outside pace to the finish line. So very interesting ya'll!
There will be no real epiphanies this entry - just some catching up. I know that just as many of you have the nosey gene, like myself and just wanna know - what in the world has been keeping you busy? Well let's see.....
- Mothers Day weekend was the best I've had in eons. Friday I had to get the do did and then we went to see Mission Impossible 3, which was WAYY better than two - but not as good as one, lol. Saturday we went to the Georgia Force game and that was like a Monster Truck Pull or something. Sitting high up in the 'Executive Suite" however was sweet. We had a good time and on Sunday - I had breakfast and then got presented with an IPOD MINI (holds 1000 songs). I was so excited! Then we went to the Sweet Auburn Festival, which was very nice. Next Target and Dinner. All in all it was a GREAT weekend! Mini-me was sooo very excited and what not because this is significant in that - this is the first Mothers Day in 12 years where I haven't faciliated it. Her and 'CAUN' were in cahoots with one another and I was obvilious to the whole thing. So nice! So very nice......
- I have assembled a 'glam squad' to help me with the party preparations. If my alter-ego Mariah can have one, so can I. These set of sistas will ensure that I don't fall asleep from being tired at my own event, lol. As you know, my initial thought was to have it outside in my yard - but this 'blackberry winter' we are having scared me and once again - a hookup came through and yah girl has rented out an entire CLUB for my event. No, not a corner in a club, but the entire thing! It's more like a lounge and it's been renamed "Club Pamalicious" and it's on and poppin. Invitations have been sent out, I have my DJ and things are coming along just fine. How about with the package comes my names in lights up on the Marquee in the street? It's okay - I know I'm trippin, but you know what - I haven't ever done anything for myself (remember I eloped) so this is what I'm getting off on. Let it ride baby!! Pam is turning 40 and damn fabulous!
- I actually paid my fee to go to "Summer Camp" with the Highschool (ya'll know I call the discussion group I belong to High School). This should be fun. I haven't really gotten away as an adult in eons either - so me going off is a good thing. I recommend all women experience vacationing not wrapped around a 'family vacation'.
- Plans are DEFINATELY underway for the next phase of my Emancipation - aren't you dying to know what it is?!
- And she is FIERCE and she is FIERCE and I'm glad she won
- This little woman is FIERCE as well! "Janet" is about as cute as she wanna be preggers!
- School is going well - I am juggling it all. I have a somewhat by the books Teacher this class, but I have a B so far - so it's all good!
- Mini-me is doing fine - gets out of sixth grade next Friday with a 4.0 average! She has on a full leg cast in hot girl pink - that will remain on until June 29th at which time hopefully we can begin a bit of physical therapy. The Dr. is thinking of going back in (!!) to make sure the cartlidge is regenerating itself, but I hope not . What I know is that even if the Armed Forces has to escort her - she getting up out of here and be pampered by the family in Philly, lol lol - I need some ME time
- Let me tell ya'll. Having a man is a full time job. Well it is if you are really having a full time man. This means that you have to make time, split time, grow time in a petrie dish and then some,lol. I don't have alot of time anymore to sit and lounge on the couch like I used to. The crazy thing is, I never really realized or acknowledge how sedate my life had become until I'm cooking, cleaning, entertaining, etc. a man. I should be in shape in no damn time!
- Here's something never talked about: the personal upkeep when you got a man. DAYUM! You pluck, wax, pumice, buff, blowtorch, excavate - as well as, pose, preen. You have to rearrange your intestinal track because of course you don't burp, fart or get the trots. That's a full time freaking job!
- And to top it all off - As of this evening - "CAUN" and I are living together! Yep you heard correct - we are merging households. Now I attempted this back in 1999 - when I let physical attraction become a negro sitting on my couch playing play station. This is NOT the same thing - in that instance he moved in with me. Here we have us moving in together, lol. I'm entering this with my head correctly attached to my shoulders and clear as a view off the Grand Canyon on a crisp clear morning. We've talked, flushed out the finances and it's a go. We've told our children and our parents. Now ya'll know I live in a two bedroom apartment sat on the ground better known as the 'dollhouse'. Well - this move definately required a storage bin offsite, lol lol. It's funny I wrote this in an email to a friend not to long ago:
Ok - I need to gush a bit so excuse me - I just get full and I've pretty much stopped talking about CAUN and I but every once in awhile. Girl this man is soooo wonderful and so much fun to be around!! Last night he brought home a hub so that he could split my internet and then we sat side by side together and he began IM'ing me (now remember he's right next to me) it was just so much fun to hang with someone who is just being themselves - no pretense. We get along soo well and I am not faking anything - most of the time I'm looking a hot mess. I cook and he cleans up - we are running around the house and what not. I have never been so pampered IN MY LIFE. Foot rubs, hugs, kisses, baby, honey, darling, I love you at least 10 times a day, snuggles, WOW is all I got to say - We keep joking we are too old to be having this much fun, lol. He is also creative and will write a song and sing it to me (I said creative and NOT singer, lol). He has his groups he's working with etc. He even wrote a screen play and it's inspired me to actually pull out my dusty old manuscript and I might finish that bad boy up this summer. There's alot he hasn't experienced, especially in the areas of travel - but he's open and willing and excited about the possibilities - whew let me just stop - but it's a beautiful thang!
And Ya'll.............IT IS!!
So there you have it! Tomorrow we are going to see New Edition (our third concert since we began dating) and our calender is jammed pack till after this party - when we will regroup, get the house fixed up and then begin the Pam and CAUN tour of America - we got three vacations planned so far!!
I should be back on schedule with the blogging - so look out for more, more, more!!!!!
Posted by Pamalicious ::
10:06 AM ::
Speak Your Piece