Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Sunshine Monologue 166
Call Me If You Need Someone To Talk To
Sooo yes Mini-me got herself a phone on Friday. As part of the 'no contract' deal she had to sign a 'contract' I made up. Now what's interesting is that several parents asked to have a copy of my contract. I find it amazing that sometimes we as parents really get confused as to what our 'rights' are concerning our children, since they have been compromised so much by todays times. You the parent run it and you can do what you please in terms of setting parameters for your child.
A twelve year old should not just be given a phone; prepaid or not with no expectations. I have a friend who works at a cell phone company and the horrified looks on parents of the child with the $1000 phone bill are not fantasy. As well as, you should not have any issues with the way other folks are making decisions about their children - your child is your responsiblity and you can set rules and regulations as you see fit.
CELL PHONE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- PHONE MUST BE OFF DURING SCHOOL HOUR
- NO SUGGESTIVE LYRICS OR IMAGES ARE TO BE DOWNLOADED ON THE PHONE
- PERMISSION MUST BE GRANTED FOR ALL DOWNLOADS BEFORE HAND
- NO PHONE CALLS AFTER 9PM SUN-THURS & 9:30PM FRI-SAT – SUSPENSION OF PHONE
PRIVLEDGES IF THIS RULE IS BROKEN TWICE.
- PHONE MAY BE COFISCATED AS PARENTAL UNIT SEES FIT
- PHONE PRIVLEDGES WILL BE SUSPENDED IMMEDIATELY IF PHONE IS TAKEN OR SPOKEN
ABOUT BY AUTHORITIES AT SCHOOL (Three Days)
- NO BOYS (OUTSIDE OF FAMILY) ARE TO HAVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER
- SPOT CHECKS ON INCOMING AND OUTGOING CALLS MAY HAPPEN
- PARENTAL UNIT CAN AND WILL MONITOR EXCESSIVE PHONE USAGE
- PARENTAL UNIT HAS ACCESS TO PHONE AND PASS CODES AT ALL TIME.
THE PHONE IS CURRENTLY ON A THREE DAY SUSPENSION BECAUSE APPARENTLY SHE COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE AND BECAME OVERCOME AND STOOD UP IN CLASS PULLED OUT HER PHONE AND CALLED ME - TO TELL ME DANCE TEAM HAD BEEN CANCELLED!!! DURING SCHOOL HOURS! PHONE GOT TAKEN BY TEACHER, I HAD TO COME IN AND SIGN FOR IT.
See - as much as we would like to think - they are JUST CHILDREN.
Posted by Pamalicious ::
5:07 PM ::
Speak Your Piece