Sunday, January 22, 2006
Sunset Monologue 152
All 32's Just A ShowingBlog Musical Mood: Candy - Cameo
Going Out Saturday NiteThe secret to a resilent life in our kind of world is in knowing how to recycle yourself, over and over, letting go of what is no longer you, taking on new strengths, and shaping new chapters for your life, guiding by your own emerging vision. "What we're seeking is an experience of being alive," "so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive" you are the only one who can open the doors into the next chapter of your life. - LifeLaunch.
And thus begins the spillage of academia into my life. What an intriguing interesting concept to embrace! It fits so in line with where I am at this point in my life.
Posted by Pamalicious ::
8:54 PM ::
- I give "Holiday" with Queen Latifah the same grade I gave "Hitch" because they had the same problem for me - - a C+. The issue is that when you reach a certain level of 'acceptance' by the Hollywood Machine - as a person of color you are whitewashed to a certain degree, especially if it's seen that you have broad appeal. I mean Samuel L. Jackson has broad appeal, but as a blackman and he doesn't necessarily get out of those roles. Queen and Will have crossed that elusive line where they are no longer 'black' actor/actress - but actor actress and unlike the exhaultation of their non-black counterparts to this sphere, something (to me) is lost in the sauce when we reach this pinnacle. It IS our 'black experience' that adds meat (in my opinion) to storylines. We actually, even though pigeonholed alot of the time, have way more depth than the average white actor. So now we have the Queen - one of my 'sheroes' and I don't have many if any, lol. She has three weeks to live and she goes to....PRAGUE?! HELLO!? She wants to spend her last days on earth in 10 feet of snow with a white chef and other effectively non-ethic bodies?! HUH?! She's dishing out advice to the staff and guests - that is devoid of any flava. It lacked the 'connection' I needed to see. The spark in her eye etc. As much as some of the black relationship movies began to prick at my nerves - I thought all the richness of the 'experience' the characters brought to the table was believable. This really....wasn't.
- I won't even use a brain cell to talk about Sanna's new one and the supposed storyline that she falls for....the help....who is....white - when the black blue collar or no collar...wouldn't get....any play....hmmmmmm...there's storyline for yah
- I wonder when I see all of the 'we are the world' scenes, where blackmen casually hang all over white women or interact on a intimate level, if not in some room, behind some stage - there is quiet conversation if actress A, extra A 'minds' interacting with a blackman on that level?
- 'ATL Newbian Queen' - helped a sista out Saturday in a big way. I am grateful and was telling my step mom about how I am just open to communicating and interacting with this sista. I don't know, maybe I'm dealing with my own unresolved 'HER' issues, but I think I'm just paying it forward to a certain extent and I like her and I like her baby and I just know how it can feel to know that someone reached out a hand, ear and what not. I am not trying to be anyone's momma -but I think I can be a good 'big sista' - - we'll see
- "Why is it that the best conversation you've had in awhile - belongs to a man who is soo busy nothing can really jump off between you two - yet you are intrigued. What irony - which I think is reserved...just for me."- Sunset Monologue 150 He made time......
- W-2's should be showing up soon. Outside of salvaging some of the 32's that are showing - I plan on doing some decorating around this here house. I'm tired of looking at these walls, curtains, bed spreads etc. I'll certainly show you what it will all look like
Um Harvey you are becoming a SOFTEE! I don't want to see so much of your wonderful smile. You need to be getting up in those celebrities asses again!
- My Mom has acquired several columns in a Philadelphia African American Paper and she wanted to know if I would like to have a column - well the blog will be going to the masses for real, lol. I have enough fodder on here to piece together a newpaper blog. I thought about calling it 'beating to your own drummer in a band full of savages" but that was too long - so I'm going to think up some things and just clean up some entries from here (since I have over 200) and get it crunk! As soon as I get more information - I'll let yah know where to go check it out
Speak Your Piece