Sunday, January 15, 2006
Sunset Monologue 149
Looka There! Looka There!Blog Musical Mood: Enjoy Yourself - The Jacksons
It has been so windy here in Decatur that it blew me clean away from the computer for a couple of days, lol. What it is people?! I hope that all is well in blogdom and that everyone is sufficiently neurotic :).
No particular topic tonite - just spitting out the last couple of days.
Posted by Pamalicious ::
11:11 PM ::
- First, let me send some Get Well Soon to my sis Nik she going thru it :) As well as send you all in the direction of This Brother - he's having a hard time right now and could use some encouragement
- Why Ya'll treating me like I'm James Frey from the Oprah Bookclub? LOL My Memoirs will not be embellished, lol and if they are - I'll label it 'the way I wanted my life to go',lol. Let me reveal the 'offlimits' list: (1)Anything that would identify my job & telling specifics about it other than the fact I'm a glorified
slave Secretary - it keeps this computer going, no need to go there; (2)Specific Information about moms - because she's 'celebrity'; (3)Graphic Sexual Content - because I write better than that and can weave it differently; So folks calm it on down - it's not that serious. I told ya'll I accidently fell off the toilet and slammed my head on the tub and got stuck - UM that should tell ya'll something,lol.
- 2006 is the year that my Highschool graduating class turns 40 and Friday night I attended the first of several parties. What a good time! I now am HYPED about planning mine. "Janet" came with me and got her pregnant dance on. I amazed myself by doing the Laffy Taffy....right,lol. It was a good time. We mentally jotted down several ideas that reflected my personality for mine. I got six months to lose some damn weight and plan one banging party and even if the weight ain't straight - the party has to be. I didn't really have big parties when I was young (no sweet 16) and since I eloped I missed all those parties etc. So I'm looking forward to rolling in the big 4-0 with a good one. I wonder should I rent a helicopter.......
- It was a good Ebay week. I sold two items I had for sale and won me a camcorder - so now I can tape Mini-me and just tape stuff in general to perserve and send to the peeps up the way
- I rolled the blog offline today by meeting 'Atl newbian Queen' today. Nubian is spelled to reflect the fact she's new to Atlanta. We started chatting thru the blog and I just liked her spirit and I know how it felt when I first got down here with a three year old, no family and just trying to see if I can make it on my own - so I extended my hand to the sista (gotta pay it forward and keep the Karma clean). We went to lunch and just kinda rode around - doing my maniac tour of Decatur, lol I know she'll never read the blog the same again,lol. I hope we continue to grow. I don't let alot of sistas in my sphere, but I enjoy creating 'family' in a space where I am devoid of them - there's always slots for little sisters :)
- Speaking of...SHE is out and all charges dropped. Suppose to be coming over tomorrow because as she says "we are the only good people she knows". I think I am going to beat back my contempt and 'feelings' of fake bougieness and try a different feeling and see if I can make some movement in the relationship with HER.
- I made a big step (personally) in just meeting someone without my game face on. I got a last minute invite to lunch and I just went with it - glasses and all. Ya'll KNOW I don't even play about that - however, you know what - I am who I am and I don't think I'm undesirable, so embracing me, means embracing the fact my eyes might be tired and so I have to put my glasses on - as was the case Friday. Now if I could really meet someone who had the capacity and maturity to wanna embrace me and not my genitals - - life would be perfect - - but I'm trudging on - - living in the here and now (I'll speak on the complexities of this tomorrow it's quite interesting) and forcing myself to swallow the bile that rises in my throat at the 'game' and AM RELAXING. I'm doing good ya'll! I'm doing good!
Speak Your Piece