ThE EmAnCiPaTiOn oF pAmMiE

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sunset Monologue 62

Random Randomness



Hey ya'll! One of those days where all kinds of snippets of all kinds of things are floating around in this head of mine - so let me go ahead and lean to the left and shake this stuff out! Enjoy!

I want to give a shout out to all the new readers! Thank you so much for your support!


Moment of Silence

JOHN JOHNSON, Founder and Publisher of Ebony/Jet



PETER JENNINGS, Head Anchor ABC News



A Parental Advisory


Remember these? Use to be all the rage several years ago, well like everything else they have made a comeback - among the middle school sect. However, there is a sordid twist, the wearing of these bracelets now indicate what SEXUAL AND INTIMATE ACTS you will participate in. It was important enough for the meanings to be listed in our neighborhood papers back to school edition. So let me school you:



Oh I forgot one more; Rainbow Colored - DEATH INDUCING ASS WHIPPIN! If I see, hear about, feel, imagine that mini-me has one of these bracelets. I'm going to have a sit down with her this weekend and lay it out about some things. I am sick to my stomach!

Yahoo has changed the game!

Yahoo Messenger 7 has launched! If you are like me; you have a couple of techy friends who keep you up to date about all these types of things. I saw the message and went ahead and did my download. I also alerted people on my messenger list to do the same - it's like I now have high-speed, could you get off dial-up, lol lol

Anyway, this new messenger is HOT! The hottest thing - you can make FREE phone calls via the Instant Messenger. I made one and left a message, lol lol

Now dudes and dudettes - this is certainly (when everyone gets up to speed) going to CHANGE THE GAME! If you have a mike, you can talk to your family and friends and everyone else! So that guy/gal you got on stealth cause you regret you put them on your list - CAN CALL YOU! The Africans can CALL YOU! With a phone call and a web cam - you can have some interesting conversation, lol lol. Lord have mercy! Let the games begin!

Funky Cold Medina!


DAYUM! What is the problem with the human bowel tract and why are women so nasty! I am so tired of walking into the restroom and (1) it smells like something died in someone's ass and decided to come out and (2) it's just dirty.

I swear and I got a bet - when I get paid Friday I'm buying air freshener for each stall and put it in there.

Folks need to be eating their vegetables or something, because it's some backed up people in the world!!

I go to other floors looking for breathable air! That mess just made me mad the other day - you know once something gets in your nose - it attaches to your nose hairs and stays there! So I was hot the rest of the day behind that mess and I was only in there a minute because when I walked in - got a wiff - I left that mothafucka to whomever was in there!

DAYUM!!!

Say it Loud! I'm Black and I'm Proud!

What time is it?! NATION TIME! Jessie Jackson led the chant on this very good documentary being shown on PBS as part of the P.O.V. series (check your local listings) entitled "Wattstax". Here's a snippet from the synopsis:

The legendary "black Woodstock" finally gets its due when a newly restored and digitally remixed "Wattstax," Mel Stuart's documentary of the epochal 1972 concert at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, receives its first-ever national broadcast. Featuring incendiary performances by Isaac Hayes, Albert King, Rufus and Carla Thomas, the Staple Singers, the Emotions, the Bar-Kays, and other greats of soul, R&B, and gospel— plus biting humor from a then little-known Richard Pryor — Wattstax is more than a concert film. It also captures a heady moment in mid-1970s, "black-is-beautiful" African-American culture, when Los Angeles's black community came together just seven years after the Watts riots to celebrate its survival and a renewed hope in its future.

Let me tell you! This is WONDERFUL! I always say I'm living as an adult in the wrong era - I needed to be like 19 when this was around. Man I can see my afro, my wooden earrings, my very very fly mini-dress and I can just see me! Say it Loud I'm Black and I'm Proud! If you want to experience a pivitol time in our history - check this out!

Do My Eyes Deceive Me?

I like to show mini-me the evolution of celebrity, so when I saw Mariah Carey's first performance was going to be on, I called her in the room. I explained that just about everyone has been on Showtime at the Apollo and we sat to hear her sing "Vision of Love". I'm looking at the cheesy sets and the more cheesy background trio, when I had to blink - is that AJ from 106&Park?! We put the trusty DVR into effect and rewound and paused and it sure does look like him and he has had a long standing friendship with her. I had to take a picture off the TV and so you tell me......

The Boob Tube

I am quite looking forward to the new seasons but there are some gems being shown now. I highly recommend FX's new show "Starved" it's not for the addiction sensitive. There's quite a cutie on there who is a NY cop and bulimic (a BLACK MAN?!) Thursdays at 10pm on FX Channel. As well as I am eagerly awaiting the new show on UPN "Everybody Hates Chris" a Chocolate Wonder Years - stars Chris Rock discussing his life as a young boy. It premieres September 22nd at 8pm.

Nice to meet you but I'm not interested...

Ok, someone please explain to me what is UP?! If I have One more date when the man doesn't have the courtesy or decency to follow-up and/or put closure to a meet, I'm going to scream. What happen to manners? What happen to assertiveness and directness among some of our blackmen? As a woman, I already have to do most of the work - and you don't even have the politeness to follow up. I am no longer driving to college park or whereever the hell else, sitting up in someone's living room, putting forward my most delicious Pam only to never be called again What the hell is up with that?! Sure everything isn't for everyone - but to me as a man that's just foul and not attractive at all. Moving on......

New mini-blog!!

Well I've decided to use my Yahoo 360 account to document my latest THE DIET BLOG; so feel free to check in and see what's going on with that. I will also post a link over to the left on the page.

Now for Our sponsors

I'm going to investigate adding some advertising to my blog - I need to speak to Rod about the pros and cons of that, I have looked at all of his and I see how it could work and I could make some chump change as well. I'll keep you posted.

AND I have yet to post my Black Blogger Award Nominees! Coming Soon!

Post Script!

Excuse me while I drool

If you are this shade or look like this - hit a sista up, lol




Posted by Pamalicious :: 9:05 PM :: 2 comments

Speak Your Piece

---------------oOo---------------