ThE EmAnCiPaTiOn oF pAmMiE

Monday, August 01, 2005

Sunset Monologue 58

So You Want that Recipe Don't Cha



What's happening peeps?! August 1st - can you believe that?! This morning I can smell the stench of the beginning of school in the air and see it as well. The traffic has started to pick up and I'm NOT happy about that - well at least I have tunes in the car.

Life is going good, nothing to complain about. I need to go ahead and get mini-me's room ready for her return, but I haven't been motivated. I know I'll do it at the last minute.

I had a couple of 'intense' conversations with a few of the male species about the state of black male/female relationships. I won't even expound on it, because it's a broken record. I got a problem with YOU and you got a problem with ME - if we are not talking about how to change that - then we might as well be speaking in tongues for all I care. We keep staring at each other on either side of the fence and it's getting tired. Either break the bitch down by leaping out the box of insanity or SHUT UP!! I'm not about to go down in flames behind the way the world is - I dibble and I dabble and I try to stay as true to myself as humanly possible. I can look at myself forever in the mirror because the way I'm leading my life - bumps and all - is not something I am ashamed of. It might leave my ass blowing in the wind, but so be it.

So anywayyyyyy, lol

About that Curry Chicken Salad

I have gotten requests here on the blog as well as in person for my curry chicken salad recipe. Well folks - it's my SIGNATURE DISH. You know that dish that makes me a guest at functions because the people want it. That dish that has my name written all over it - therefore if I gave out the recipe, then it wouldn't be my signature dish, lol Soooo...sorry - can't give it out. However, I can give out some other dishes that were featured at my shin-dig.

Spinach Dip
1 box chopped spinach (frozen)
1 large sour cream
1 box of knorr's vegetable mix

Defrost spinach and drain in sink - break apart
Mix sour cream and spinach in bowl
Add 1/2 packet of Knorrs Vegetable mix (taste if not pungent enough add a bit more - be care the whole pack will make it too salty)
Stir
Refrigerate
SERVE WITH FRESH VEGGIES OR CHIPS

Queso w/Beef
1-2 jars of Queso (Cheese you put on nachos)
1/2 jar Salsa
1 small tube ground beef

Brown Beef w/ salt and pepper
Heat on LOW HEAT cheese - adding Salsa
Drain and add ground beef
SERVE WITH NACHOS OR TOSTITOS

Spicy Mac and Chicken Salad

Chicken parts (breast w/legs thrown in)
1 Orange Pepper
1 Red Pepper
1/2 cup Relish
Salad Dressing (like Miracle Whip)
Sugar
Box Macaroni (1 lb.)
Paprika

Boil chicken (in water to cover) with ALOT Of pepper (both black and red pepper flakes), salt until water is very low.
Chop and cube up your peppers
Shred chicken and add a bit more pepper - mix and refrigerate
Boil Macaroni following box directions - make it al dente' (still a bit uncooked). Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process - refrigerate to chill.

After everything is chilled (allow at least 3 hours) - mix Macaroni, Chicken and peppers. Add about 1/2 cup relish. Add 1/3 cup of sugar - mix. Add Salad Dressing -until creamy. Sprinkle with paprika and chill until served.

Rachael Ray's 30-minute meals goes Licious

The ever giddy Rachael Ray - host of 30 minute meals on the Food Network is one of my favorite shows. I like the banter she gives and some of the meals are banging. I pretend I'm hosting my own show sometimes and tonite was one of those nights. First better late than never I finally got me a George Foreman Grill! I found it at the thrift for $5.00 (don't hate you know that's my spot, lol). I decided to put that to use tonite. I've been cutting down on my food intake in quantity and quailty - getting ready for what's about to go down on Sunday (see next mini-article). So I wanted to do something for dinner tonite and lunch tomorrow. Why don't I do Stirfry!

I LOVE Brocolli. It's one of my favorite veggies. So I gathered up that and some cauliflower and about 15 lines of dried spaghetti. I bought frozen chicken breasts and I plopped those on the GF Grill.

I mixed all of that in my wok, with a couple splashes of soy sauce and canola oil and Walah! I have a tastey meal.




Is South Beach in my Future


Well I took a good long look at myself and was like what in the world. Before my love affair with food turns into something ugly and possessive - I am going to have to separate! "Janet" and "JD" rolled out the infamous South Beach Diet this past Sunday. I copied what I needed out the book and I will be starting it on Sunday the 7th. I wanted for mini-me to get home and us enjoy some meal and then I'm thru. I lost 56 pounds on Atkins - and I've gained back a certain amount and I need to not let the rest come on back. As part of this - I will be posting what I'm eating right here on the blog (look for it down the left side). I think that will be a great way to keep myself in check, because I know someone will be like - Um that ain't on NO DIET, lol lol. I like to think of it as lifestyle change, because mini-me has also made some changes and in keeping in line with that - we'll just march on into the fall looking good. Now of course you all won't get weights and measures (and I don't own a scale and don't intend to purchase one; We have one at work) but I will keep you informed.

The Black Blogger Awards are Here!

I think this is going to be fun. Go HERE and nominate someone for something HINT! HINT! I'll be posting my nominations by the end of the week. I have to think on it.

Posted by Pamalicious :: 8:20 PM :: 1 comments

Speak Your Piece

---------------oOo---------------