Thursday, March 02, 2006
Sunshine Monologue 170
All AboardBlog Musical Mood: Turn Out The Lights - Teddy Pendergrass
Hello People! I have finally cleared up a moment to begin blogging again. Yah missed me?! Well this is my first day back at work so of course all of my euphoria about having been gone on vacation has been sapped from my very body. I had a wonderful time! It was nice to fellowship and see family and all that good stuff. Some thoughts:
- Black people know how to travel. We've been riding buses and rails for so long, it's no big deal. I decided before I left I would NOT be frying no chicken, bringing no ratty ass blankets from the spare bedroom or anything like that - but believe you me it was on the train. We also don't let a little 2x4 bathroom dissuade us. We ALL had Lysol, wipes and portable toilet tissue. Keebers had....nothing.
- The advent of modern technology makes travel much easier. Between the portable DVD, MP3's and Ipods and Cell phone - the trip was a breeze. However, for those that feel the need to SCREAM into their cellular devices - the TRAIN is not a good spot for that. As well as, exactly what is the point of a Nextel if you are not a construction worker. Who the hell wants to hear all your conversation?
- I birthed mini-me so waking up to her breaking like a dragon in my face is something, though unpleasant, tolerable. Waking up to the waifing of strangers morning breath...is NOT!
- The train originated in New Orleans and let me tell you - no offense - but there was some nastiness. What's up people? The train ain't the DOME! The train coming home originated from Boston and we had immaculate bathrooms, a real chef making lamb chops on the freaking train and top shelf liquor. What's up with THAT?!
- Black people have made playing cards and UNO rich
- Why must all our 'sides of town' look exactly the same?
- The Baltimore Harbor is really nice - and if I could have taken off the 16 layers of clothes, I might have enjoyed it, lol
- Why was I in Baltimore and didn't eat one piece of......SEAFOOD?!
- What does this say that my family and I maintain our routines regardless of where we are - therefore, my mom, sisterinlaw and I went to the Thrift Store and the Dollar Store and the indian restaurant while in Baltimore
- The DC train station is the BOMB! I love DC and would like to go back up there to hang out this summer. Maybe with LA's Finest - who knows....
- Speaking of...why was THAT man on my mind and I kept wishing he were there with me...Hmmmmmm
- Mini-me's phone came in handy. Cause you know the Metro went out immediately, lol Local Ass Phone
Next up (I need pictures for this post) Saviours Day 2006.
Posted by Pamalicious ::
10:45 AM ::
Speak Your Piece