Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Sunshine Monologue 181
Bullets Are Flying
Blog Musical Mood: Summertime - Will Smith
Mannnnn - been having internet problems at home and haven't been able to check in wit my peeps!! How are ya'll doing? Are you wearing your surgical masks to block the pollen? DAMN!! I think I should rinse my car daily. Everyone has weighed in on their weekend and here comes my as on straight CP time,lol lol I got something cooking for next week however - so ya'll make sure you stay tuned. Well let me go ahead and pull back the trigger on this bad boy and drop these little Bullets of info on yah!
- Georgia - All The Time in Georgia! Mini-me and I went to see ATL this weekend. I ain't gonna lie - I really liked this movie!! It was a coming of age story and another angle on teenagers life. Seeing as I am stuck on my own childhood - it made me think about being a bit more open to the rest of the story and that I too, can sometimes be accused of stereotyping the youth.
T.I. did a VERY good job and Big Boi really has me anticipating him and Andre's movie - he was some good comic/gangsta relief.
The story flowed, it was not inappropriate for my daughter and though I was never really convinced T.I was skating, lol I had a good time at the rink.
T.I. is not bad looking, a little ok ALOT too skinny for my taste - he all baggie in the wife beater, lol (which I've termed a Girl Smacker,) but there were shots where he endeared himself to you. Esquire on the other hand - YUMMY and ripe for some cradle robbing!!
I had read here in the locals that the movie was long and.....boring - that speaks directly to the fact that secretly they (and I don't use quotations because Sonya Murray is black) want to see the kids act a damn fool and I truly think there was some kinda disappointment that....they....didn't.
I saw it with a black audience at 4:30 on a Sunday and there was no trouble at all - everyone seemed to enjoy the movie - and yes the cops were outside the door. Not just the theatre but right outside the door.
I enjoyed Roll Bounce and I enjoyed this - I actually would buy it.
- Spring has inspired some....cleaning. I went through my closets this weekend as part of my declutter plan. My entire porch was almost filled with hefty bags YET when you walk in my home, it sure didn't look like I had did anything. Cleaning out the spots that people don't see always leaves you a bit unfulfilled, lol. Yet you know you threw away a ton of shit. Next Up before the month is out: (1) Kitchen Cabinets (2) Home Office (3) Night Stands and cabinet in Bedroom and (4) switching out clothes. I got a full plate on my quest to just get rid of some stuff.
- Looks like my Brother is coming to town to celebrate his birthday! He'll get her Thursday afternoon. I haven't kicked it with him in awhile so this should be fun!! and LA Finest gets to meet some of my family
- I was giving Mini-me some money to go skating this morning and why is the only picture in her wallet of her in FULL princess get up from her 9th or 10th birthday party! LOL LOL LOL I loves me some Mini-me
- Lo and Behold - I have lost some weight! Just in time for my Drs. Appointment tomorrow. I know that this flies in the face of every independently thinking blackwoman - but I'm not ashamed to admit that having a man has certainly gotten me back on point with alot of stuff. We always try to act like he just a dick and a job - but if you honest that you want one for real - then they do bring some balance to your life and give you some new things to put on your agenda like putting down the mac and cheese, lol lol and walah you look better, you feel better!!! OH YEA!! Summer of 2006 - ya'll gonna have to tie me down!!
- Well guess who is kinda sorta 'dating' someone? Mobetta. He knows all about LA's Finest (cause I don't play those games)and is happy that I am happy. Speaking of the Ex's.....Why did Italy cop a 'tude' NEGRO PLEASE!! Um, excuse me - could you all move out the way cause he's being regulated to the cheap seats!
- You know in thinking about La's Finest and I, there is something I am getting used to - this Brother is very comfortable with wanting to be with me. Since he told me he had shut down other prospective sistas and wanted to get exclusive with me - he's been doing just that. I'm introduced as his girl/woman, folks know about me, his momma, his brother, his kids, his job. He's not afraid to begin and end each phone call or encounter with I love you - at first I found this unnerving just because it has been for the most part foreign to me - but I'm warming up to it quickly. It's funny how the 'benefit' to having him in my life and the significance in my own journey is crystal clear. Our time together is wonderful, each day more of our personalities come out and we are learning more and more about each other and it's not a chore at all. We had the best time talking and laughing last evening while cleaning out his car. I think we are filling a needed spot in each others lives. The balance that we have and the subtle needs we are having met are the things 'till death do us part' are made of....
- This also is presenting a journey for Mini-me and I. I'm keeping the lines of communication open and making sure that she is comfortable, balanced and settled in me embarking on this relationship. The last relationship she's been involved in was well over a year ago. She's spoken to me and even had a breakdown of sorts about something that I NEVER thought I'd be exploring but something every parent encounters. We got it all straightened out and things are back to normal - but my radar is definately up. I made sure she knew that I have worked diligently at making sure that she was not exposed to people, places or things that would affect her negatively and that I am still practicing that. I told her that her happiness is paramount in my life and will always be - and that I love and care for this man and he loves and cares for me......and her and we will work to continue to make sure she and his daughters are comfortable as we progress in our relationship. We've spoken about her minimal exposure to men (she brought it up in saying that her Grandmother mentioned it) and I explained to her that I think I have made sound sound decisions about who I expose her to and that I wouldn't expose her to any man that was not contributing to our happiness. Her home has never been filled with drama and chaos and never will be. I explained that even if at some point he and I don't work anymore - this has already been a pivital and good experience for all of us.
Life......Exciting Ain't It?!
Posted by Pamalicious ::
8:40 AM ::
Speak Your Piece