Monday, November 28, 2005
Sunset Monologue 119
He's Just Not that Into youBlog Musical Mood: 1980's R&b - Yahoo Launchcast
Ok, right off the bat, I am LOVING this station, lol lol. You know we all got our comfort zones and apparently the 80's is mine. This was a good investment. Sooo I puttered around the house today, looked at some TV, surfed the net for a little porn (whew haven't done that in a lonnnnng while) and just kinda hung out with myself. Wasn't bored or anything, even though I have spent ALOT of time with myself over the course of the holiday weekend. Review time is coming up at my job and I did my self-assessment today...........I'm sure that's like looking in a fun house mirror. Something is wrong with my mouse - it's not catching and I'm having a hard time manipulating my cursor - maybe my mouse pad has lost it's grip, I have had it since Mini-me was whaaa....four, lol.
So I wanted to make sure I followed up on yesterday's entry and touch on the book I read. "He's Just Not That Into You".
I do encourage the ladies (like I did) to make you some index cards and put these little tidbits on it.
Now before I do all this typing (lol) let me say that these things are NOTHING NEW and WE KNOW THESE THINGS - yet I was taught that in 'repeat means everything' so here they are - some affirmations about just how special you should think you are.
- Men are not afraid of 'ruining the friendship'
- Don't get tricked into asking him out, if he likes you, he'll do the asking
- If you can find him, then he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will
- Hey let's meet at so and so's party/any bar/friends house is NOT a date
- Men don't forget how much they like you - so put down the phone
- You are good enough to be asked out
- If he is not calling you, it's because you are not on his mind
- Don't be with someone who doesn't do what they say they're going to do
- If he's choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony, then he doesn't respect your feelings and needs
- Busy is another word for 'asshole' "Asshole" is another word for the guy you're dating
- You deserve a fucking phone call
- Guys tell you how they feel even if you refuse to listen or believe them. "i don't want to be in a serious relationship" truly means "I don't want to be in a serious relationship with you" or "I'm not sure you're the one" (sorry)
- There's a guy out there who will want to tell everyone that he's your boyfriend.
- People tell you who they are all the time, When a man says he can't be monogamous, you should believe him
- There's someone out there that does want to have sex with you
- If he only wants to see you, talk to you, have sex with you when he's inebriated, it ain't love - it's sport
- You deserve to be with someone who doesn't have to get loaded to be around you
- Doesn't want to get married and Doesn't want to get married to you are very different things. Be sure about which category you fall under.
- If you don't feel like you're rushing, why are you waiting?
- There's a guy out there who wants to marry you
- Break up sex still means you're broken up
- Cut him off. Let him miss you
- He doesn't need to be reminded that you're great
- There's a guy out there who's going to be really happy that you didn't get back together with your crappy ex-boyfriend
- No Answer IS your answer
- Don't give him the chance to reject you again
- Sure he might be laying in the hospital in a coma, but more than likely the reason he disappeared is because he's just not that into you
- Unless he's all yours - he's still hers
- Life is difficult enough without choosing someone difficult to share it with
- You deserve to be with someone who is nice to you all the time (you have to be nice to them too)
- You already have one asshole. You don't need another
- Make a space in your life for the glorious things you deserve
Now remember - a MAN wrote this book. The female co-writer adds a very important element from a female perspective on why these tidbits are not so 'cut and dry'. Now if you would rather spend time looking in the book for the loopholes - that's on you, but I just wanted to pass along some things that could help any of us hanging on to our baby's daddy, our Heroes, Our Mobettas and all the various scenarios we get in for the name of love.....
Posted by Pamalicious ::
11:00 PM ::
Speak Your Piece