Monday, November 21, 2005
Sunset Monologue 114
Opps I threw the baby out tooBlog Musical Mood: Heaven - Kem
Whew! Ok, how do you rip 200+ songs and stay stuck on one? Kem's song is KILLING ME!! Are these emotions only WRITTEN by Brothers and never experienced in a first hand way? How can a feeling so deep as love not be something on a man's immediate plate? I'm angry and don't even know who to be angry with - because my man is in pain as well. I read blog after blog after blog and there is such an emptiness both male and female, gay or straight as we try to get that void in our life filled. Who can I blame for this? I surely didn't create this all by myself. What is it a black woman can do so that a blackman can begin to explore FEELING again? Such weight I tell yah, such weight.
Ok so why is the wind whipping up in this piece. I hear loose branches falling on the house. I just hope one doesn't land someplace and come on inside. I got $32 till next Friday and that's promised to someone, lol Damn!
Ever been sitting in your car chewing gum like you are in a competition with a cow - look over and "hello I'm fine" is sitting in the next car, lol lol You try to overcorrect and bite your damn tongue - well of course you can add this with my falling off the commode story - just a day in the life of Pam!
I was watching Boomerang
this weekend as well (decided to visit Eddie when he was actually looking like Johnny Gill, lol) and I fell out laughing when Eddie quit Lela Rochon because her feet were messed up. It got me to thinking (and yes this is a 180 from the above wailing paragraph but don't you love having that option) - that we all have a list of things that basically are throwing the baby out with the bathwater. It's funny what we will deal with and some of the crazy stuff we won't. Nobody can tell us we are off our rocker either.
I decided to have some fun this evening my dear friends and run down some of my toplines's
keep me single
, that equal that for me.
- When I was 12 I read in Right On! Magazine that Michael Jackson was 5'9 1/2 and I vowed before God and Cynthia Horner the editor in chief of the magazine that I would never be so silly as to date a man who was shorter than Michael Jackson - 27 years later - I've grown - I date men 5'9, lol lol lol.
- The following sentences might not send me packing: I'm in the process of looking for a new job or My car situation is a bit rough right now - BUT THE FOLLOWING is a no go - "I love the pig girl. I eat every part on that bad boy, you just haven't tried it yet" Ok - it's 2005 most black folks have come up out the slave quarters and at minimum eat 'high on the hog' but if you telling me that you would beat big momma down for the last pig feet - then all I see is pot liquor on your lips and now I'm sick!
- Corn Rows, Plaits, pony tails, gold teeth, earrings in both ears
- I have had some baddd experiences with former residents of the state of Mississippi - I'll be sending you all copies of the Emancipation Proclamation - damn we's free now!!
- Well You People and They should and Look at Them - no bro look at YOU
- Specifically for the internet crowd: Age 40+ Name: Tonguelasher, dyckudown,kittyliker69,doitallnite - please close my page now!
- Male guts - yea I gots a tire - but you shouldn't have one - I need inspiration not reason to cook
- If a brother is having a hard time explaining to me (when it's appropriate) why he's not in his children's lives - you probably won't keep my attention long - unless they are in the witness protection program - he needs to be making them a priority
- Overzealousness about white folks - You don't have to be quoting Malcolm, but say SOMETHING to let me know you ain't just overjoyed to be in their club - I understand white collar executive etc. etc. but let me see some inner Shaka
Well those are a few things that I will just disqualify you for, lol.
I thought about if I were out on the boards again - what would I say - how would I weed out the riff raff and possibly meet someone who sparked my interest - because that ball is in my court, here is what I came up with:
A Normal Everyday Ordinary Sista
I'm intelligent, savvy, short, funny witty and yes I'm plump and cute
Not gay or bi and not interested in either
Not Christain - I believe in God and am God Fearing; NOI is where my foundation lies, spiritual not religious is where my head is at - I don't do Xmas, Easter, Church, Whitemen or Pork.
I am a work in progress (traveling with carry on's and not trunks and uhauls of baggage), but if my work would be a hinderance or a burden to your journey (since you do have it all together) - I understand
Sorry I'm not interested in rounding out you and your wife or girlfriends relationship - it's disrespectful and I don't contribute to the breakdown of the black family.
Not sure if I'm trying to catch, but I'm totally single.
If the conversation is interesting - I'd love to chat.OK OK
- Back to the drawing board (though I think this would turn some personal ad site upside down, lol)
Posted by Pamalicious ::
10:00 PM ::
Speak Your Piece